Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cotton doesn´t lie

And the comparison less so. It has always been said that the journalistic flow is like the bullet of a newspaper, the most powerful weapon for transmitting opinion. Comparison is information´s shot: always well-aimed. Let´s see a few examples from La Voz de Galicia. The first one shows though a simple graphic the differences between airplanes´ seats. The second one uses pictures to show a storm´s before and after.


In El Norte de Castilla we find another example. It is a more “complex” one: It tries to compare the different heights in Valladolid. Eloy de la Pisa, journalist, tells us about this good topic:  “I always use the Pisuegra river a guide. I say that I go up or down depending on if I´m upstream or downstream, but I have lately seen that this guide is not as reliable as I thought. There are areas downstream that are higher than others upstream, because everything depends on the depth reached by the riverbed. Passionate theme for those fresh-air freaks like me."

No comments: